Jul 18, 2007

Other movies I've seen lately

We saw Hairspray back in June. I was kind of reluctant to see Travolta in that make-up, and his voice bothered me at first, I have to admit, but after the opening number I was hooked. I think it was after the third song the entire audience was applauding after each song? OK, we saw movie in a theater that seats 650 people and about a third we from the press, but they are still people too. It was a very mixed crowd. Mixed race and bank accounts - everyone had a ball! I loved seeing Travolta and Christopher Walking singing and dancing together!!! Tracy was amazing too. I have to give him credit not only for dancing in a fat suite, with make-up and hair, but with heels on, and line dancing!?!?!

John Water and Rikki Lake both have cameos. I love when they do that.

http://www.hairspraymovie.com/

Live Free or Die Hard (4)
Yes, another Die Hard movie. We had fun at this one too. It was action packed and very funny. Bruce Willis was true to form. Justin Long has been typecast as a college nerd but as usual he was very good with the comeback lines. He does the Mac commercials. Timothy Olyphant surprised me as the villain. The movie was very enjoyable, and even more because I was on vacation and the company I was keeping.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337978/


Rescue Dawn
We saw this the week before Independence Day. It's about a Navy Pilot during the Viet Nam war, who becomes a POW. What a story! Christian Bale is amazing, but Steve Zahn lost 40 pounds for this role. He deserves to be nominated for something. Seriously incredible acting, and in a war movie. It was a little gruesome, but it is real life. It was opening in NY & LA on the 4th, and the rest of the country later on. I hope the movie did well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462504/

No comments: