Jul 24, 2007

Days Four, Five & Six

SHORT post because I already wrote a LONG post and Blogger just wiped it out:


Day Four: Daddy and his girlfriend left to go camping, so Scott and I had the house to ourselves for a few days. We went grocery shopping, ran some other errands, went to visit my aunt and uncle that were not in town I soon found out, then to an early dinner. After dinner Scott spent the evening in the pool. I read. That's a vacation.



During dinner on Day Four I felt like offering Scott the option of driving to Orlando to go to a theme park. He wanted to go to Epcot. We hadn't been to Epcot yet because I didn't think it would be exciting enough for him. He liked it once we were there. The temperature was comfortable. It was pretty cloudy, no rain, but we still got some sun. He didn't try to spend the whole day playing video games. I was relieved. His favorite place in the park was "Japan". We had lunch there also.




I expected the UK to be my favorite area, but it was actually France. There was rose bush after rose bush, but they looked neglected - and did not inspire me to take photos of them.




Our independence Day was spent eating BBQ chicken, hotdogs, fries, sandwiches and all the fixins' by the pool in my dad's backyard. I am allergic to fireworks unless it is a bigtime spectacle. But then I don't do crowds either so I usually just skip the whole thing or watch it on TV. As long as I'm not in NY I love the fourth.





We haven't been to Epcot yet because I didn't think he would be interested in the learning aspect of the park. I thought he would be bored. He is going to be 15 this weekend. I guess it was good timing because he really liked it, and he didn't waste hours playing the video games provided either. We spent a good deal of time over in "Japan", his favorite part of the park. We had lunch there. I thought the UK would be mine, but it ended up being France.

No comments: