Jul 16, 2007

Day One - Flying in to Tampa


We arrived in Tampa to smell the clean air. That is the first thing I notice when I leave the airport. I love that smell. It was not raining when we got there, but it rained a lot the rest of the day. But I was not disappointed. My dad belongs to a Hot Rod Club, but the meeting was cancelled due to rain. It gathers in a parking lot where passersby can see the gorgeous cars and trucks. My dad and his friends hang out, talk about cars, eat a meal at the restaurant they are parked by - not all at the same time. It's nice. We've done this with him before. But like I said, it was rained out. Scott and I were disappointed about the meeting, but not the rain. I was just happy about being out of NY and with my Dad and his girlfriend. They were great. So hospitable to us this visit. They are always like that, but this time, they really went all out. We went to see Die Hard that night. My dad hadn't taken me to the movies in over 25 years. I felt like a kid again. I know my son loved it too. No, no beach, no Disney, just family bonding.




No comments: