Aug 6, 2007

Days Nine, Ten and Eleven of my FLA vacation

Saturday was my nephew, Kevin's, 13th birthday. We spent the day by the pool at my dad's house. It was nice having all of the family together. That doesn't happen very often.

They all loved the Cholcolate cake from Stone Cold Creamery.

On Sunday Scott and I drove to Spring Hill where my brother lives. We visited a beach called Pine Island, very close to their home. It was a great day for the beach and a beautiful drive. But the van was so hot after the two or so hours of being shut up, even with the windows open, it felt like everything was melted inside...


Then we went to a local pizza place they eat at. I'm not a pizza fan, and allergic to most of the ingredients in most of the food they served there, but I was able to enjoy myself none the less. Felisa loves her pizza!
This shot is of the last day, on the way to the airport. It's always so depressing for me because I never want to go back to NY after visiting FL. We spent the day at home with my dad and his girlfriend, packing, watching daytime TV, having lunch - boring stuff. Scott took one last swim. I went to say goodbye to my grandparents for about a half hour. But I really didn't want to do anything special anyway. Our flight was in the evening so we had a day to lounge around. I like that. I just HATE leaving. I had a wonderfully relaxing vacation, and wish I could go back soon. I plan on taking time off in November, but don't know if we will be returning then.

No comments: